This is Gelenggang bush. Grows so wild at our farm, they have bright orange-yellow flower in December. I have find it really useful to cure skin problems like ring worm, scabies or eczema. Contains gelenggang, coconut oil and beeswax. We make it into cream like this :
Step by step:
- Sterile bottle/jars with boiling water.
- Chop gelenggang leaves into small pieces.
- Cook on medium heat with coconut oil until crispy (1 cup leaves to 1 cup oil). Can add lemongrass for some fragrance. See here on how to make coconut milk.
- Strain away the leaves.
- Immediately melt beeswax into the oil (1 cup oil to 1/5 cup beeswax).
- Bottle and let it sit until it arrives at a balm state.
- Cap the lid