Ambra or Ambarella or Kedondong, is easy to grow and produce fruits in abundance. The leaves can also be eaten raw as salad. Ambra pickle is a way to preserve the fruits, good to eat as finger food or with salad.
So easy to make it:
- Sterile jar/bottle with boiling water.
- Harvest ambra.
- If you would like to pickle with skin, scrub the fruit clean and cut into 4 halves. Otherwise, peel the skin and cut into 4 halves. Put them into a mixing bowl.
- Add a little bit of salt onto the fruits and rub evenly onto the fruits. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off the salt with water and strain dry the fruits. Let dry for about 1 hour.
- When they are dry, put them back into mixing bowl and add brown sugar. Shake to mix well. (approx 1 jar of fruit to 4 tablespoons of sugar) Let sit for 15 minutes.
- When sugar is dissolved, bottle them into jar. Keep refrigerated all time.