Have abundance of Roselle? Jam ’em up!
- Portion: 4 parts of fruits to 0.5 parts of water
- Bring to boil (natural pectin is in the seed pods, so use the whole fruit)
- When calyxes have melted, strain out the remains
- Add 1 part of organic brown sugar and cook on medium heat till ready
- Check readiness by pre-freezing a plate, pour a drop of jam on the plate; if not flowing too fast, its a good consistency
- Pour the jam into mason jars and cap them
- To vacuum seal the bottles, boil the hot jars in hot water for 10 minutes
- Remove and turn the jars upside down for 30 minutes
- Turn again to let the jam sit overnight before consuming
- Voila! Enjoy your delicious roselle jam with bread or crackers!